About Me

World Map Poster. (n.d.). Retrieved 2020, from https://desenio.com/us/poster-world-map-black-white

Hi! My name is Mikayla and welcome to my website for EDCI 338.

I am twenty years old, and in my third year of my sociology degree at UVic. I am taking EDCI as part of my education minor, as I hope to become an elementary school teacher after finishing my degree. I am passionate about helping young children challenging themselves throughout their educational journey. I look forward to providing students with the right tools to be able to lead their lives in a positive way. I know how important teachers were throughout my educational experience, as they challenged and encouraged me to exceed my full potential.

I grew up in Vancouver, BC before moving to Victoria in my first year of University. I enjoy anything outdoors and active so I could never see myself moving from the beautiful scenery in B.C! I’ve travelled to a lot of places throughout BC, however, Victoria has quickly become my favourite. I love that there is so much access to beaches and hikes so close to campus, which has given me and my roommates lots to explore. I also love to travel and am considered teaching english in a third world country right after I finish my practicum. I think it would be an amazing opportunity to explore new cultures and connect with a new community of people. As well as, leaving an impact on students who may not have access to high-quality english education.

Scroll to top